A 2 to 3 hour ride provided by Mike Stone.
Refer to OS Explorer Map 112.
Map to follow.
Start point grid reference 427994
- From Halwill (town) church take bridlepath to Rectory Farm
- Turn right and continue to StowfordAt Stowford turn left onto road
- At “T” junction turn left and continue straight on at cross road
- After “Rowden Farm” turn right onto bridlepath, follow this bridlepath to Higher Eworthy.
- Continue straight onto the road and then turn right towards Germansweek.
- Pass straight through the village of Germansweek and at the “T” junction turn left.
- After a few yards turn right onto the bridlepath and follow this path past Moor’s Mill all the way through Westweek Barton and onto the road.
- Turn right and go past the school (on left), then turn right at “T” junction.
- Continue on this road (about 2.5 miles) until you reach a bridlepath where you should turn left, passing Greenacres Farm, continue on to Landhill.
- Turn left at the end of the bridlepath and then turn right onto the road which takes you down to Halwill Bridge.
- Turn right and follow the road until you get back to Halwill.
This should take between 2 and 3 hours.
Lots of road and gates, but also some good gallops!